Friday, April 29, 2011

To Be Or Not To Be METROSEXUAL



Dallas Dellaforce



Growing up with a caribbean father I was exposed to speedos on family beach outings and figure fitting slacks. What use to make me cringe is now an appreciation for a secure man.  My father was, is and always will be handsome to me. He defined the style that I am now attracted to. A gentleman style that is neat and sophisticated.  My father only wore leather sole shoes, from loafers, Oxfords, Cap Toes, Monk straps to dress boots. During his younger days I noticed he only wore sneakers to central park and for weekend events.  Eventually his style turned to a Cosby sweater boots all the time type of old man. Yet he still manages to come off like a true gentleman with sophistication and class.

Now as I go out and about in NYC I am not sure if I like what I see.  Men seem to be confused.  I am confused.  Men who claim to be heterosexual are carrying bags that look like purses to me, not the european man bag but full big leather bags that they let dangle from their wrists.  It seems that some of the men of NYC are having a better shoe and bag game then me.. I am not hating, well a little but I DO NOT find that attractive for a suitable mate. I prefer a man's man. I like em sophisticated yet with an edge.. like he rolled out of bed and accidently looked so hot without putting too much thought into it look. Not too neat but definitely NOT dirty.  An example would be the old lenny kravitz.. not new Lenny who carries a purse and wears wedges. WTF??




Loving the eclectic, eccentric starving artist look

I love the derelict wannabe.. I am just like you style

Bad MoFo

Classic in his own way


NO Lenny! WTF?



If you are a man wearing high heels is WRONG! so what if Prince did it.. he is exceptional.. very exceptional and I doubt I would allow Prince to take me out on a date with heels on. I could just image Prince rolling up and jumping out the escalade with heels on that are better then mine. Thats a problem. I wear the heels and the man should continue to wear the pants. I want to be the only sexy mutherF with the dress and heels on. I cannot stress this enough. Men cannot wear heels. Lenny lost half.. a whole entire half of points for me. Lets stayed tuned to see if he gains them back.


When it comes to being suave and sexy I do understand there could be a fine line between being a gentleman and a metrosexual.  I dont buy the metrosexual crap, it is corny and the men who label themselves as such tend to look corny.  A gentleman is the man who wears his suit to fit, shoes that kill and a watch that you can see from space, not in size but in beautiful detail. You could always spot a gentleman by his shoes, watch and wallet. Not with the eyes of a gold digger but with the trained eyes of being appreciative of good taste.  What he drinks is definitely an indicator of his sexy meter as well. Keeping it masculine yet flawless at the same time avoiding the contemplation of how to put him self together. Thoughtlessly stunning 007.





My dream guy wears:


I love a man who can casually wear Ferragmo shoes, A Panerai watch with a sexy blazer over a crisp white shirt. When its time to pay the bill at my favorite restaurant he pulls out an understated masculine Gucci wallet to top it all off. My dream guy has style.


Salvatore Ferragamo low heels
300 GBP - harrods.com

Dewald Striped Blazer
260 GBP - harrods.com

Ralph lauren trousers CAMEL
155 GBP - matchesfashion.com

Gucci accessories BROWN
285 GBP - matchesfashion.com

Withermoor Belt
12 GBP - aubinandwills.com






No comments:

Post a Comment