Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

William & Kate




I am up at 4 am on the phone with my girlfriend nursing her back to health from a nasty break up.  She mentioned that she was watching the Royal Wedding live. She was born in London and keeps up on that stuff. I was aware of this upcoming event due to the non stop, unavoidable coverage. However I had no idea what date it was on and honestly I did not care.  She convinced me to turn to the wedding live because the fashion and hats were beautiful. I did and immediately saw David and Victoria aka Posh Beckham entering the church.  Mr. Beckham looked dashingly british. Victoria looked bored as always.  Her little hat is funeral-ish and she is decked in all navy blue. But dang Posh is working the hell out of that dress and Louboutin shoes. 


Dashing and Blah

Posh has to be the best dressed British woman in History.

At this moment the Prince William and Prince Harry are arriving suited up in full uniform in the most ill Bentley I have seen. Now the two have arrived at Westminster Abbey. Prince William looks nervous as hell. Everyone is speculating about what the beautiful princess to be Kate is going to wear. I am now sought of drawn in and dazzled by the bells going off in Westminster Abbey. Mostly everyone looks stuffy and uninteresting, Of course with some fashionable oasis  here and there. The only still pictures available worth showing are of the Beckhams. I am sure by the time I wake up after my nap around mid morning there will be plenty to share. From what I see on the live feed the hats are indeed charming. Reminding me of the Easter hat wars I witness in church growing up between the women. It also took me back to the days where I wore sunday hats. My last hat was worn at a funeral last year for a close member of mine which I adorned myself to pay homage to her fabulosity. I believe women should wear them more. It makes every affair beautifully dramatic. I am dozing off.... Stay tuned for wedding dress coverage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment